Honors ProgramHonor Societies
Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS)
Α – Alpha is “Arête” meaning Excellence
Γ – Gamma is “Gnosis” meaning Knowledge
Σ – Sigma is “Sophrosyne” meaning Wisdom
Thus, our motto: “Add to good character, knowledge and judgment.”
Our mission is to promote, maintain, and recognize student achievement, offer programs that provide educational, cultural, and social enrichment for members and campus, and to volunteer services to the campus and community.
- Have your academic excellence recognized at graduation: graduation stoles and preferred seating in the front rows.
- Give back to your college and community
- Gain valuable service and leadership skills
- Be eligible to compete for academic and service scholarships
- End of the year banquet
- Through your membership, colleges see your interests beyond academics
Students who have completed 12 semester units and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Freshmen who have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.50
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society of the Two Year College. “The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.”
In order to be eligible for this club, you must have completed 12 units at Fullerton College and maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average. There is a $75 fee to enroll in the club. $60 of that goes to PTK International; $15 goes to our local chapter.
If you are eligible for the club and would like to apply follow these steps:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After we have verified your eligibility, you will receive an email with an enrollment passcode.
- Go here and enter your enrollment passcode.
- Follow the instructions on the website and submit a payment with a credit or debit card.
***Fullerton College policy is that club members should attend a minimum of one meeting per month and at least two events per semester. Consult our calendar for upcoming meetings and events. Get involved!
Click to find more information about the PTK All-USA Academic Team.