Honors ProgramFrequently Asked Questions
Are honors courses only for honors students?
What are the requirements for being in the program?
In order to be eligible to join the Honors Program, you must meet at least one of the following:
- You are an incoming freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or above.
- You are a continuing student at Fullerton College with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 in at least 9 academic units.
Returning Students (out of high school for 5 years or more), Veterans, International Students, and Special Admits who would like to join the Honors Program are accepted with no GPA minimum. All students in the Honors Program are expected to maintain a 3.25 GPA to continue in the program and need to have a 3.4 GPA and 15 units of honors coursework to be Honors Certified.
What's in it for me?
Where can I apply for the Honors Program?
You can apply for the program at any time during the year. Applications are available online, and the link is on both the Home page of the website and on the “Apply” page under the “About Honors” tab. Your application materials will be reviewed and a decision will be made. Applications submitted during the summer usually take longer to process.
How are Honors classes different from other classes?
What are the benefits of the Honors Program?
- Close academic and social interaction with other highly motivated honors students and faculty.
- Honors transfer agreements signed with various colleges and universities.
- Honors designation on all college transcripts and the Associates Degree.
- Letters of recommendation for scholarships, transfer applications and employment.
- Honors receptions, special lectures, cultural events, and awards ceremonies.
- Exchange opportunities through the National Collegiate Honors Council which offers semester-long programs at major colleges and universities all over the United States