University of California Honors Transfer Agreements

Honors transfer agreements have nothing to do with the UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG). Consult the Transfer Center for your best TAG strategy.

UC Berkeley Transfer, Re-entry, Student Parent Center

Though CAL doesn’t offer a transfer agreement, they do have a “Starting Point Mentorship” opportunity which provides our students with a UC Berkeley student mentor that offers guidance, motivation and access to campus and community resources.  You’ll apply for a mentor in fall.

UC Irvine Honors-to-Honors

Honors Certified students who have earned a GPA of 3.7 or higher are eligible for UCI’s Campuswide Honors Program, with a Regents Scholarship, eligibility for Honors housing, priority registration, and other benefits.  Make sure you are Honors Certified or have turned in the paperwork to be certified by January of the year you’re transferring.

UCLA TAP (Transfer Alliance Program)

Honors Certified students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher are eligible for TAP. They will be considered twice by the College of Letters and Science: once under each of two majors. Applicants must be prepared for each of these majors and must state them on their original (November) application. Not all majors may be used as an alternative! The Honors counselor has a list of which majors are allowed for second consideration. This list is subject to change annually at UCLA’s discretion. Most competitive majors at UCLA require a GPA substantially higher than 3.5 for admission, and preparation for the major is crucial to acceptance.  TAP Applications are available in the Honors Office in January and must be completed and returned by the first week of the spring semester.

California State University (CSU) Honors Transfer Agreements

You must first be accepted to the CSU to use one of the Honors-to-Honors Transfer Agreements listed here.

CSU, Fullerton Honors Program

Honors Certified students with a GPA of 3.6 or higher are eligible for automatic acceptance upon application.  Students who are not certified with a 3.5 GPA or higher can apply and interview for the program.   Benefits include priority registration, smaller classes, and research opportunities.

HTCC Transfer Agreements

Fullerton College is a member of the Honors Transfer Council of California (HTCC) and shares in their transfer agreements with universities.  Each of these transfer partners offers different benefits to students who apply for transfer after completing Honors program requirements.

Please consult the HTCC Website for a current list of transfer agreements: