Honors ProgramHonor Societies
Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS)
Α – Alpha is “Arête” meaning Excellence
Γ – Gamma is “Gnosis” meaning Knowledge
Σ – Sigma is “Sophrosyne” meaning Wisdom
Thus, our motto: “Add to good character, knowledge and judgment.”
- Have your academic excellence recognized at graduation: graduation stoles and preferred seating in the front rows.
- Give back to your college and community
- Gain valuable service and leadership skills
- Be eligible to compete for academic and service scholarships
- End of the year banquet
- Through your membership, colleges see your interests beyond academics
Students who have completed 12 semester units and are taking 3 units or more currently and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Freshmen who have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.50 and are members of the California Scholarship Federation (CSF).
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society of the Two-Year College. “The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunities for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.” Fullerton College’s chapter is called Beta Kappa Tau, and you may read our By-laws here.
In order to be eligible for this club, you must have completed 12 units at Fullerton College, be currently enrolled in 3 units, have a cumulative 3.25 or higher grade point average.
Lifetime Membership Dues: $85 first year; $15 chapter dues every semester after until transfer/graduation.
Email us at PTK@fullcoll.edu if you have questions.
How To Join
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, you’ll receive an invitation from PTK International to join. The information below describes this process:
- At the beginning of each semester eligible students will receive an invitation both from Fullerton College’s chapter (Beta Kappa Tau) and you’ll receive an email invitation (and later a postal invitation) that contains a “pass code.”
- Go here (Links to an external site.) and enter your enrollment passcode.
- Follow the instructions on the website and submit a payment with a credit or debit card.
***Fullerton College policy is that club members should attend a minimum of one meeting per month and at least two events per semester. Consult our calendar for upcoming meetings and events. Get involved!
Click to find more information about the scholarship information and the PTK All-USA Academic Team (Links to an external site.).