Honors ProgramProspective Students
Am I eligible to become an Honors student?
Requirements For Entrance
Honors courses are not open to all students. Students in the Honors Program are eligible to enroll in these courses. In order to be eligible to join the Honors Program, you must meet at least one of the following:
- You are an incoming freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or above.
- You are a continuing student at Fullerton College with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 in at least 9 academic units.
Returning Students (out of high school for 5 years or more), Veterans, International Students, and Special Admits who would like to join the Honors Program are accepted with no GPA minimum. All students in the Honors Program are expected to maintain a 3.25 GPA to continue in the program and need to have a 3.4 GPA and 15 units of honors coursework to be Honors Certified.
What forms do I need to fill out?
In order to apply to the program, you need to fill out our application online. You can find a link on the home page of our website as well as under the “Joining Honors” drop-down menu.
How do I maintain Honor Status?
Maintaining Honors Status
To remain in the Honors Program and become Honors Certified with all the contract benefits attached, you must:
- To maintain Honors status, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 in both Honors and non-Honors courses.
- To become Honors Certified, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4
- *Receive no grade lower than a C in any Honors course
- Attend any required enrichment opportunities each semester
- Follow Fullerton College catalogue “College Policies and Rules,” which include regularly and punctually attending classes, completing assignments on time, being prepared, remaining in communication with the Honors instructors, and contributing to classes. The Program especially follows catalogue policies on student conduct, including plagiarism and cheating.
- ***Any grade lower than a C may result in being dropped from the Honors Program.
How do I become Honors Certified?
Transferring as Honors Certified
- Complete at least 15 honors units with no grade lower than a C.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 if accepted to the Honors program before 2011 and a GPA of 3.4 if accepted after 2011 in all honors and non-honors sections
- Complete at least two semesters in the Honors Program
- Complete all transfer institution requirements
- Be certified by the end of summer by filling out a Certification Form (located in Room 225 in the Office of Special Programs)
Note: UCLA requires certification classes to be completed in spring and the UCLA Transfer Agreement Program (TAP) Application must be filled out at the beginning of the spring semester.
Benefits of becoming Honors CERTIFIED to your Transfer Institution
If you complete 15 Honors units with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 you will be Honors Certified for transfer. Transfer institution contract benefits vary among schools but may well include:
- Guaranteed or priority transfer to the institution
- Guaranteed or priority entry into the student’s major
- Priority registration into other courses
- Financial aid
- Acceptance into the institutional Honors Program